Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sleeping in the Green Room



The green room is painted a color Martha Stewart calls Creeping Jenny. If memory serves, it is the first room I painted when I bought the house. How describe it?—It is an almost chartreuse, a green potentially too bright, the kind of color folks are quick to label, either delight or disaster. Three years ago, I had not yet perfected my painting technique, nor discovered the proper tool for corners and edging, so near the ceiling it has an uneven, color-washed look that used to bother me but now I’ve come to like. The ceiling itself, still, as yet, unpainted, has four or five messy splotches of Creeping Jenny where my roller brush slipped. The trim remains the dingy cream color I initially found in all but one of the rooms at purchase. (That room, the master bedroom, was painted half blue, half purple--in shades not even I could love--with a floral paper border between. Eek!) Three years later, I have yet to make blinds for the windows. (Where does the time go?) Though it is not the master, I've recently taken to sleeping here like a loungey B&B guest in my own home.

No comments: